Sunday, November 06, 2011

What plan?

I was talking to a friend last night and she asked me what I normally do during the day and what's my next plan. Well, not much. And as far as "plans" are concerned, I am never one to plan. I envy people who can plan a year ahead and has a vivid and definitive goal---because I just can't do that. Two months is the farthest I can plan ahead, and even that makes me anxious. The bible says that people without vision, perish so I am grateful to God for accomodating my failings in regards to planning.

I've always worked to make my own money and pay my own way since I could learn to walk, so now that I am not working and earning a daily paycheck, I feel like I'm a bum. I am trying to get out from feeling that I am defined by how much I earn--financially. (I realize this feeling is so not cool.) At the end of the month I am going back to Cebu and continue my work with the street kids. Long term plan with them? None. I will continue to do what I've started--just one day at a time. I feed them, hang out with them and teach them values with the biblical perspective. Before I left, I had the opportunity to buy this small piece of land in the island of Camotes, so I think I will take some of them there and we'll camp out and maybe raise goats and chickens. Is that a plan? It's not making me anxious, so I think it is.

No comments: