Monday, December 05, 2011

My little and big FRIENDS

It's my 5th day here in Cebu and the stores are buzzing with Christmas songs and Christmas merchandise. And the spirit does make you feel like....buying. But I have to be sensible in my spending because I have these hungry boys to feed.


Although Chat is the sole supporter of my efforts here in Cebu, I am so blessed to have the kind of friends I have. In Dallas, my friends wanted to help in every which way they can. One friend offered to buy peanut butter or macaroni and cheese for me to bring back, but since I didn't have the space anymore, offered at the last minute to give me her few bucks. The gesture meant a lot to me, considering that she and her husband have their kids college loan to tackle and she just had a big hospital bill. And here in Cebu, I have my friend Tom who has been a big help in teaching these kids. He is a big influence in Jordans' life when I left Jordan with him 6 years ago when I went back to the US. And this time while I was gone I dumped on him these "rugby sniffing" kids. And I use his space. And patience.

No comments: