Thursday, December 01, 2011

here I go again...

Ok am here in my crib in Cebu again. The flight with Korean air was not as pleasant from before. Although I find it offensive when people who knows to speak English prefers to talk in their native language that I don't understand around me, I normally am not bothered by it as much as other people are. But last night with the flight attendants and the pilot speaking almost incomprehensible English, my fallophian tube was stirred up more than necessary. I asked one of the atttendants if there was an American pilot in the cockpit, and with her barely audible voice and incomprehensible accent, I could not discern anything. But she smiled incessantly though. Smile is good. But totally useless when I need to know if it's time to jump or stay bowed down close to my arse.


Anyway, 3 months ago before I left to go back to my apartment in Dallas, I sprinkled all the seeds I had from the papaya I was eating and also some okra seeds I bought at the market. Then I also transplanted some of the plants the locals think are useful for home remedies.

The highest shoot is called "atis" it will bear edible fruits that is quite tasty but we can boil the leaves for stomach ache or for indigestion.

This is a very prolific plant called 'kalabo' and again, you can boil the leaves for colds and cough and to reduce fever.>

Then here's the okra. Even with the neighbors helping to eat them, we still have plenty on the vine, which I am leaving to dry in the stalk so I can use the seeds to plant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for helping the/our kids in cebu. Hopefully god will find more ways to help you continuing to help the kids....
Sincerely Yours
Maria
jessette_74@hotmail.com

vagabond said...

Sorry Jessette, for the delayed response. I just read your comment. I just do what I can in a small way.

God bless.
Ritchie