Thursday, January 26, 2012

Stray cats and strange behavior

I am not into dogs, but what is it about animals that calms a shivering nerve and at the same time shakes your world when that animal's presence in your life is threatened to be cut short? My cat has been ill for several weeks now, and after a few shots of antibiotics and several pesos later he's still not showing any remarkable improvement, so I finally admitted him to the hospital yesterday. I was beside myself watching him being poked and prodded and blood extracted from his bony paws, but I feel better telling myself that I am doing the best I can for him. Before I left him, I told the doctor to do the best he can, that money is not a problem. Did I just say that? Yes, I did. I really did. I would have to pawn my lungs since I have already pawned my kidney, but yes, money is not an obstacle when it comes to my cat. But really, what gave me the confidence and the peace was because Chat used that word: "Mom, do whatever it takes for Winnie to live, money is not a problem." And I thought Leona Hemsley was an idiot for leaving 8 million to her pets.

No comments: