Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Street kids and street cats

It's been a tough 2 weeks, with my cat being in the hospital, but today we were finally sent home. This is my first time to experience an animal being sick and being hospitalized. And oh mylanta! If you're put in a cage you'd be more sick too. The dogs and cats I've seen in those cages were all very weak and looked like they're close to death. And everytime I visit mine, I just fall to pieces. Then Chat decided to call my vet and asked her of how my cat can be moved from the other animals....."do you have a private suite and with amenities for my mom?" Who would think of asking such a question.... but Chat. Well, of course they do. A 4x6 private suite....big enough for Winn, but too small for the 2 of us. But the room really did wonders for Winn. I stayed with him 1 day and 1 night there, and immediately he came back to his old self, reason why we're now home. "When you get home make sure he doesn't mingle with peasant cats, so he won't get infected again." This was Chat's instruction. And this peasant cat I got is starting to act like Chat--- only the best will do for him. The nerve!
As soon as we got home he refused to stay inside the house, he pressed his nose against the door and when I opened it his tail started wiggling and he went and hugged the ground. I guess, life is good again.

While Winn was in the hospital, I distracted myself with this new street kid. You know why animals love you unconditionally? Because they won't hear you say that you want to kill them and that's because unlike kids, they don't talk back.

No comments: