Monday, May 07, 2012

Go ahead make my day...

Today, I had all the intentions of spending the day at Starbucks or Postrio to have coffee and read, but on my way out, another set of my "bakal boys" stopped by. So I ended up staying to feed them and made sure they bathe and laundered their grimy clothes. Then one of them asked if I wanted their necklace; all 3 of them had this thing on their neck that looked like gold coins but bigger. As I looked closely, they're service medals issued to US soldiers who served during WW2. They found them in a canal close to where they were scavenging. I was going to refuse them,(for what in the world would I want them for?) but then I like the eagle embossed on it.
It must be a "bless me" day. My friend Juliet mailed me seeds of different fruit trees and it even came with germinating bags. Now I have ants in my pants... I can't wait to get to my mountain hut and start bagging these seeds. I am very hard to shop for, so for someone to know what to give me, is priceless.

No comments: