Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Santino

When I was young and full of energy, I was young and full of energy. Now that I'm old and tired, I find that it's never a good day to mess with me when I'm not on Lexapro.


This boy Santino who I have taken from the street to live with me has an aunt who has become a thorn on my side. Santino has graduated from being an errand boy of my American friend and he's now working at the country club to pick up balls for members who plays tennis. He makes good money doing that, but my goal is for him to become the next Arthur Ashe.

This heifer aunt of Santino keeps asking for money from him and he won't give her any because I told him not to. So today while I was at the gym, she came to my apartment and left word to tell me that I need to make Santino quit working there or I'd regret it. I wondered what she meant by that.

Well, this afternoon the grandmother came and told me all kinds of bad things about Santino; how he used to steal and was involved with other kids who burned someone's house and that he sniffed rugby. I said: "And this is supposed to be news and I should be surprised?" Why do you think I got him out of the street, because he was flawless? The kid has been abandoned one time too many. His mother is now on her 4th man and nursing her 10th kid, and wants nothing to do with him unless he brings her money every day. His very own grandmother only wants him on payday, but doesn't want him to come to her house any other time.

As I sat there listening to this old heifer rant, I kept thinking how lucky she was that somewhere, sometime ago, someone invented this drug that stopped me from killing her.

No comments: