Saturday, May 05, 2012

Spontaneity, Angst and what have you

When I booked my return ticket to the US, I told my travel agent to book it 6 months from when I leave Dallas, and that was back in November. I didn't think I would stay this long here in Cebu. Or,that I'd do what I've done so far, like build this hut in the mountain.
So much has to be done yet for this hut to be comfortable and efficient to live in, but this will do for now. I need to sort out my senses and reevaluate my bankbook. The last 3 months my focus has been on this project, that I've forgotten what it feels like to have a leisurely breakfast at hotel restaurants and the weekly massages. Today, while I was contemplating on my week I suddenly felt a pang of melancholy, of longing of the old and familiar routine I used to do; reading and writing and regular visits to the well-stocked library and bookstores in Dallas, and the new routine I've started to follow as I slowly settled here in Cebu. But then again, as usual, that's just me...always romanticising the past and trying to curb the angst of the moment. So let me end here so I can get my old bones kneaded at the spa.

No comments: