Friday, June 29, 2012

Just thinkin'

I woke up this morning and read (my favorite columnist) Charles Krauthammer's column about Chief Justice Roberts, on why he did what he did. I don't understand much of the details of Obamacare, but I understand enough to know that I don't want to be told to do anything. Especially by the government. Imposing this individual mandate on anyone to buy health insurance is not really the big issue here, but rather the issue of how much government will be allowed to control our personal life. But then again, we have already done a few things the government has told us to buy. Like, you can't buy a car without car insurance. Well, you can, as long as you don't drive it out of your garage.


With this "individual mandate" that just passed, I wonder what the US government would mandate for me to buy next. Which, for that matter, Obama can peddle it somewhere else; like Kenya or Indonesia, because right now, this old hag is not in the market for anything. Unless it is for something useful; like, an adult male servant with a Latin or European accent. And it comes with a certificate of authenticity and lifetime warranty: "You have just purchased a 100% male servant. By 100% we mean he's not implanted with anything, other than what should belong to him--top and bottom. He's guaranteed to work in the yard, in the kitchen and in the garage. And the bedroom if you wish. If you're not fully satisfied, just deflate him and ship back in the box that he came in. Deportation charges does not apply and purchase of liability insurance is not necessary for a dead dummy."

Between the US slowly imploding, the nitwits running the apartment complex I live in in the US, and my people here in the good old Philippines killing me with their smoke and spit, I think what I should be buying is my own planet. Complete with my own dummy President and dummy congress.







No comments: