Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Moving on and moving up

It's way past my bedtime and I'm drinking coffee. I'm already high as a kite but I need to be high on something because the thought of giving up my apartment in Dallas has gotten me down. Yet, at the same time, I wish I could just give it up tomorrow and be done with it. I can't explain it and ya'll won't understand when I say that this apartment feels more like home to me than the house I lived in when my husband was alive and even when Chat was still living with us.


Chat found this apartment complex first and it was exactly what I needed when I came back from the Philippines after Don died. This place just feel so right. I love it here. But I will be making Cebu as my base now and just visit Chat wherever she would be. Giving up this place will give me more freedom financially, so that should be exciting, right? Well, I am ecstatic about the way things are right now --with my hut and a bit of land in the mountain plus my crib in the city, I could not ask for anything more. Except for an occassional get-away to any Four Seasons hotel with my butt sitting on a first class seat on Singapore Airlines A380. Wait. I need to wake up.


Well, someone said that moving on is not the same as moving forward so it's time for me to move up and forward and embrace what lies ahead.

No comments: