Saturday, July 07, 2012

50 shades of Crazy

It's my life story; I am always going through a cycle, a phase, a season--I don't know what you'd call it but I call it my 50 shades of crazy. I am melancholic. I am restless. I am me.

I just turned 55 and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, but I can tell you that I like this cycle, phase or season of my life. I'm a farmer. For now.

Actually, these are grown by my caretaker. I told him to plant anything--anything edible. The 2nd picture is fresh turmeric. And of course, the squash, the vine is loaded with them now.
Here are "chicos" I bought as a birthday gift for myself. They're my favorite fruit next to persimmons. I bought them grafted because I don't want to wait 5 years for them to produce fruit. If you look closely it's already loaded with fruits.
I spent all day yesterday observing for the first time how "copra" the dried meat of the coconut is produced. I had an idea this is hard work, but I didn't know how hard. Now, I have more respect for my caretaker, and you see how primitive they're drying the coconut meat? Slow smoke underneath that bamboo contraption.

No comments: