Monday, July 23, 2012

Sometimes dull is cool

I am sitting here fretting over the lunch date I am about to go to with my bipolar friend. I admit, it's never a dull moment around a bipolar person, but sometimes I just want the moment to be dull.

She and I have the same birthday, but we didn't celebrate it on that day or even that week, which was 2 weeks ago. She went to Manila and holed up in a 5 star hotel for 4 days. "I will eat 5 scoops of ice cream every day and then have room service every morning. And when I get back you and I are going to have lunch." She warned me before she left. I was hoping she had forgotten about our lunch date, but the other day she came to collect on that promise (of hers) so today is the day I will be fed.... to the bear. She asked me where I want to go and what I wanted to eat. I told her. I don't know why I wasted my brain energy picking a restaurant, when she already made up her mind what "we" are going to eat and where.   Whiskey. Weeds. Whatever. Help me.

But hey, it could be worse. At least I have another aspect of my life that's keeping me sane right now. Like? My Chat.

No comments: