Wednesday, August 15, 2012

"I am Anthony Bourdain. I write, I travel and I'm hungry for more." Yup. My culinary bad boy is coming to my town...in Dallas.

Today, Chat emailed me and subject line said "November 9" I thought: Oh chit, she's getting married again. But then on the next line it said, "You have seat 2c to see your boy in November. Dinner with Anthony friggin Bourdain."

I had to blink several times make sure I didn't have floaters in my eyes. I had to reread it and I had to ask why. "Hopefully, this will occupy your mind so you will stop looking at more land for me to buy." Ok. Ok, I got the point. And the distraction is working because I sit here looking at my breakfast of stewed fish and rice and I could not take the first bite. All I could think of is Tony, busy in my kitchen. He's chopping lemongrass, cutting the rabbit, lowering the goat's skull in the pot. Arranging lavender on the vase. Pouring wine. Naked. 

Yup. I said it.

No comments: