Thursday, September 06, 2012

Every time I come back into the country (US) I just love it when the immigration officer, after looking at my passport and asking the necessary question(s) say: "Welcome home." But yesterday, after I told him I was out of the country for 10 months, he said: "Don't stay gone too long, or we'd miss you." Yup. I'm home.

Regardless what I have in the Philippines--- the boys, the farm, the friends, I always still feel that America has a stronger hold because of Chat living here. But of course, because of my "restlessness" I need to have the freedom of movement, where I don't feel I'm stuck in one place. So the set  up I have right now is perfect. Were it not that my cat is left back in the Philippines.

I used to not understand peoples strong attachment to their pet of choice; dog or cat. But now, I not only understand, I relate. Animals, like small children can not fend for themselves. Humans will abuse other human beings and animals even if their existence is not threatened, whereas animals will only fight with humans if they feel threatened. You can disagree with me on this, but this is my position.

So here I am at 430 in the morning drinking coffee, alone and quiet, missing my "self-centered" cat. So you wonder why I had chosen to get attached to a cat instead of a dog who is more loyal and kinder. For the same reason why women stays in bad relationships with men. You can disagree with me on this but this is my position.

No comments: