Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Henry Ford didn't buy the idea of doing market research. "If I had asked the people what they wanted, they would have said, faster horses." And Steve Jobs was in the same mindset with Ford. He didn't consult the market for what he was going  to do next; he did what he wanted to do and gave us what we didn't know we need. And now we can't live without it.

Or at least, I think I can't live without it. Two weeks ago, Chat unloaded her old iPhone, iTouch and iPod to me and slowly I am just learning how to use them. When I learned to take a picture and post it to my Facebook wall instantly, and then call friends at the same time, I was just beside myself. And when I told Chat how awed I was, she said: "Mom, the rest of the world were already enjoying that even before Steve died." With that comment I knew not to post on Facebook how awed and mesmerized I was, or my 207 friends might unfriend me--- not wanting to have a cavewoman as their friend.

I know I am a century late in enjoying all these technological wonder available to us, but it's ok, because just looking at over 1000 songs stored in this little piece of contraption, I am already overwhelmed. And feeling distressed trying to decide which one I should listen first.
Choices. It's driving me crazy.

No comments: