Sunday, October 21, 2012

People are funny. And by people, I mean that to include you and me. When I go to restaurants with other people I pretend I'm undecided on what to order based on the bottom description of the item, when it's actually because of the price on the right column. And God forbid that my companion(s) catch my eyes looking more to the right than to the left of the menu. Omg, the cheapest item is 19.95 . "I'm not really hungry, I just want something light. I'll just have a cheese souffle."  "You're not eating? You just want a dessert?" Ooops, let me read that description again, I thought it's a soup.

But when Chat takes me to lunch or dinner, I don't look at the menu, I  just let her order away. What do I care? she's paying. And I'd have a different kind of worry then; she'd always order too much for me to eat. And drink. Figs in gorgonzola cheese.  
Goat cheese beignet, pizza and cheese fondue, before the lamb chops for me and sirloin for her. Don't even mind the bubblies and the reds that flowed.

No comments: