Thursday, November 15, 2012

I am back home from a 4 day vacation in San Francisco. I love San Francisco; it has culture, a quirky personality and lots of  good looking men. Oh wait. Good looking and fashionably correct, but am not sure if they're men.

Within minutes on the taxi ride to our hotel, I was immediately aware  that I have left Dallas. (Remember this is my first time in SFO) My eyes were taking in the buildings with that old world look, rich in decorative detail and the residential homes that looked like square boxes with built-in windows. And how much did you say? I had to ask the taxi driver to repeat the cost of those houses. In case, I didn't hear him correctly. I made a quick mental calculation and I figured that if I had owned one of those boxes, and I sell them, I could buy 2 real houses in Dallas, the new Fiat  and have plenty left over to buy more farm land in the Philippines.

San Francisco is a beautiful place to visit, but as long as I'm in the market for a husband I don't want to live there.  "And why is that?" Chat asked. "Well, I feel like swearing off men because I have eyed 7 already, and then find that the men they're walking with are not their drinking buddies." Really.

Oh well. Nothing that food can't compensate for. breakfast on the plane 7a.m.
Lunch at the wharf.
Cocktails on the plane heading home.

No comments: