Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Filipinos are the most patient, most resilient and will take crap more than the next person. I am too. (When it's on my non-hormonal day or when I'm asleep.) I've mentioned before that this lady attendant at the gym has been the constant source of my aggravation, and today is another day to put up with her crap.  The sauna isn't on, because? "I didn't turn it on yet, so it won't get too hot."

Ok. Breath in. And try not to breath out fire, I tell myself. When my blood pressure rises, it floods my brain with vile and the only way to contain it so it won't contaminate another person, is to not open my mouth. I gathered the strength to walk to the massage belt and let it grind my muffin top, and wait for my curdling blood to cool off. I walked over to the treadmill and walked 7 minutes before I could not stand the boredom anymore and went back to talk to this pesky attendant. I explained to  her why it's called a sauna and why it is supposed to be hot and why it's good for your body. Why do you think Hippocrates, the father of medicine said: "Give me the power to create a fever, and I shall heal all diseases." Her eyes were twitching as I was explaining this to her and by the time I was done, I felt like the most pompous, spoiled complainer. And I hate that.

But then I thought: well, as long as I am in this mood of complaining, I might as well complain about the music. "Can you change the pipe in music to a Katy Perry cd?" "Who's Katy Perry?" Omg.  Seriously?  I could easily extend grace for her ignorance of the benefit of the sauna, but not knowing the ex-wife of Russell Brand? Omg, that's grievous. "Do you know Russell Brand?" Eye twitching. "No." This time, it's not only a grievous sin, it's unforgivable if you don't know Russell my Brand.

No comments: