Monday, December 17, 2012

I finally had enough inactivity and I finally am feeling it on my body, so  today, I went back to the gym and just the mere act of going felt like I've already accomplished a lot today. I have not been back there since I arrived from Dallas so it surprised me to see that they have the a/c cut off and just had the door open, wide enough for air to get in....and all the dusts and fumes from the jeepneys and tricycles outside. I didn't know what to think of the arresting humidity. But 10 minutes on the treadmill, my body heat tempered the environments humidity. I guess it's ok. I tell myself.

I asked the reception girl why the change--is it due to clients request or is it due to budget constraint? "Budget. Boss said we have to conserve energy." Ok. Fair enough. I'll try to live with it because I don't really have a choice unless I go to another gym where I have to take a taxi. While this one is just a stone's throw away from me and has sauna in it.

When I go to the gym, the  only machine I will use is the treadmill. I walk in it for not more than 30 minutes and that's really good when I can even last that long. I get bored after 5 minutes, but I have to do it so my joints won't stick together. I do it for my health, period. But I love the sauna, so any gym with a sauna almost always can get me to join. Today, I was more adventurous. I used the massage belt; you know, the kind that wraps around your waist and you push this button to make it shake and grind.  I'm almost convinced that it has the "power to melt down the fat" on my sides, otherwise known as "muffin top." I felt exhilarated from that massaging and gyrating sensation.  Until the reception girl sidled up to me and asked if I was coming back tomorrow morning.  "I don't know. Why?" "Because I have something to give you." When a Filipino tells me that they have something to give me, I get apprehensive and weary. "What are you going to give me?" "An envelope for Christmas, ma'am." You see why I can't really tell you wholeheartedly that I love it here in Cebu?

No comments: