Monday, January 21, 2013

I went to the farm this weekend and I should have backed out right when after I got on the ferry barge, I could already feel like someone is cradling us; the boat was tilting left and right. It was still dark that I could not see the waves, but halfway through, I sensed we were in trouble. The captain turned us down to the south side of the island to hide from what they call the "east wind". I was trembling inside, nothing could calm my anxious mind. I put on my headset and listened to my Christian playlist and texted my church friends for prayers and then I stood up to look and see how far we were from the coast line. And this is what met my eyes. God is just cool that way.
Here, the boys and I were panning for gold. Really, these are turmeric and purple ginger.
Now guess what this is. Chocolate or cacao pods? Neither. This is mahogany tree seeds.

No comments: