Thursday, January 03, 2013

Well, I made it. I made it past December without killing myself. What is it about December that makes people (or is it just me) sad, restless and uncomfortable with the supposedly "jolly season"?
I'm not going to bore you with my story on why I hate December, because most likely you've read about it already every year anyway.

I will tell you however what I am thinking of doing in the year to come. Since I am now without my abode in Dallas, I have no choice but to stay here in Cebu and become a full time farmer. I thought I knew about farming, you know, like, drop the seeds on the ground and wait? I've joined this group called Spread Organic Agriculture in the Philippines and I find out that yes, I can do that, but if I am to expect a "yield" there are some rules that nature requires.

But in the meantime, before I get on my hands and knees to be one with the soil, I need a break. Which by the way Chat would remind me : "Mom, your life is one continuous break."
I really do need one---what with the emotional strain that December brought and the physical exertion I had to do to plant this 2 pineapples.

No comments: