Friday, February 08, 2013

I don't want to farm FOR A LIVING, because I grew up farming and it's a hard life. I want to farm because of the joy of seeing God's miracle of life, watching something grow ---without having to send them to school. I eat them or sell them with no fear of going to jail.

What I REALLY WANT TO DO before I move in with Jesus is to build on top of the hill on my land a backpackers hostel, employ my street kids to run it while I simply sit and sip my coffee (or cognac) looking at the ocean, and listen to grungy looking travellers but rich with stories brought in from all over the world. This would be an ideal. A dream come true, but then again as what Kant said: Give a man everything, and in that moment everything will not be everything.

I'm glad I don't have the money to "just do whatever I want" or I'd be cursed with a boring life. At least now I can enlarge or reduce my dream because as we all know, life imagined is better than life lived. Ok, I'm trying hard here to convince myself that my life is not boring. I don't see it working.

No comments: