Monday, February 11, 2013

Ok. If you've been following my blog you must by now know how my mind works-- even a so-called obsession I could barely sustain. But I'm glad to report that farming still gives me the pitter-patter, because I just love the fact that I could drop seeds on the ground and it dies and lives-- to  produce something. Something edible or something to feed the eyes. I am particularly proud of this because this is nurtured by the boys. This is called bitter melon.
I teach them the importance of insects and bees to have a balanced ecology. I tell them that flowers and vegetables need the same nurturing.
Kevin just could not be bothered with plants, so I put him to do the manly thing. I built them a new kitchen and serves as our rest area.
Here's what I mean about pitter-patter. Cassava, a lowly root crop can be made into so many different snacks. Instead of potato latkes?
There are days when I just get overwhelmed by the feeling of missing my Chatter so much, but when I get in that mood, I divert my energy to planting. And it helps. A bit. Well, I can't have it all, can I?

No comments: