Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ok. Quiet now and don't wake me up. On this site where the boys are standing will rise my backpackers lodge. The front as you can see overlooks the ocean from a distance. It will be a 5 bedroom house with a wrap around wooden deck. Half will be covered and half will be left open so guests can laze around and get darker than me...if they want to. The back deck will be facing the lush green hills and looking down the slope to the dry creek below. All the bedrooms will be upstairs because the whole downstairs will occupy the spacious kitchen with Viking appliances and subzero refrigeration. And a living room resembling a library...meaning, it will be filled with books wall to wall. On the east side of the property is almost 2 acres which I will use for a plant nursery and chicken enclosure, yes, for the chickens. Below where the boys are standing I've already planted several fruit trees and bananas, but it's not enough. I intend for guests and visitors to freely roam the property enjoying the plants and maybe help gather the chicken eggs. I am not calling this place a hostel, a pension house or simply a lodge, but a "backpackers lodge" because I have an affinity for backpackers for the same reason I have a secret fascination towards vagabonds. Don't ask my why. But then again, who needs a reason? I am just dreaming.

No comments: