Saturday, March 16, 2013

Women have been burned one too many times. And so has men. When a man enters into a relationship, he comes in with  layers of masks as his protective gear because he's not sure what he's walking into. It would take some doing before he can let his guard down. And hopefully, before the woman gets tired and give up on him.

So what is a woman supposed to do when she's gifted this mummified hunk of a man? I say, gently peel off the plaster, being careful to keep him intact and not turn him into ashes or go ahead and just bury the bastard. Albeit short and narrow in scope of my online dating experience, I could write a book about it, and trust me when I say that the experience has been a source for a much needed convulsive laughter  and at the same time induce a brain stroke. Though eHarmony members seems to be one notch up on the respectability category, because for some reason the men there seems cleaner physically and verbally, I find that I just don't have the drive to mess with "dating" anymore... much more with online dating. Because I don't wear one, I don't have the patience to wait for any man to take off his many masks.  I can't help it, but I have this tendency to walk into any relationship in full force; baring my soul, totally vulnerable and trusting. Shopping for a man is not for the fainthearted, but can you really blame them? We spend years trying to change them and then say, "he's not the man he used to be".  Oh well.

No comments: