Sunday, April 07, 2013

Now that travelling on a US passport is less prestigious and more risky, I've pondered on acquiring a New Zealand, Australian or European passport.  I became a US citizen through marriage, so I'm thinking of the same route to achieve this. Now you have your answer why I'm on this online dating quest. ( I take in American applicants too because I don't have a car when I get back to Dallas and a good cut of steak  has long been deleted from my palate. Unless, it's free.)

Did I mention already that dating, virtual or actual is hard work? Take for example: There's this guy who acted and sounded so excited about me. He was showing every sign of lunacy ---towards someone he hardly knew. Like, I would just fall all over heels in love and jump in the sack with him. Within a day of exchanged communication through emails, he wanted right away to set up a Skype call. He even  called the shots; telling me what day and time.

I emailed back: Can we do it at 530 a.m. my time? I think I'd still be comatose at 3 a.m. Then he asked me: "Are you looking for a lover/best friend? because I am." 

My reply: No. I'm looking for a husband and that should better happen pretty quickly because I don't subscribe to premarital sex, because I'm a conservative Christian and the bible prohibits sex outside of marriage."

His reply : No, sorry, we don't need to Skype.

And I haven't heard from him since.  See, I use this tested and effective response whenever I want to scare a man off, without me hurting his feelings. I just could not tell him, " I don't do 5'3" men." ( I meant his height) And I made him leave me alone thinking he called the shots and that he was tall.


No comments: