Friday, June 28, 2013

I can not get myself unhinged from Dallas. I am a loner, a  homebody who doesn't require a social life but I have concluded I don't want to adjust to living in a small town. I love the small town of Natchitoches and I am crazy about the river right outside my front door, but I could not get used to the inaccessibility of these fancy high end grocery stores available to me here in Dallas.

Chat says I am too snooty for my own peace. Well, I don't know. After all, she's the one who introduced me to this snooty lifestyle. When I am in Louisiana, I am madly in love with the trees, the woods and the river surrounding us and I can walk in to the only decent grocery store in town to pick up pork skins or cracklins and I feel just right. But at the end of the day, there's that missing piece. Again. Paralysis by analysis. Yes. But hey, I am two steps away from being perfect. Yeah right.

No comments: