Friday, June 07, 2013

I love my life here in Dallas. Morning is my favorite time of the day and I wake up the same time as I do when I'm in Cebu. And my favorite part of my morning is fixing my caffeine fix. In Cebu I drink instant coffee in packets, here, I brew. And I savor each second as I grind my beans or just simply scooping it out of the bag to put in the coffee maker basket. The aroma before it's even brewed gives me the high. After my first sip  I sit down  for my devotional reading; from one of my many Christian devotional books and then I read a chapter from the Bible.

With my introvert self, America is perfect for me and one of the biggest reason I prefer the US than the Philippines is because of the quiet environment. The crowing of the chickens or the bleating of the goats is only charming upon your arrival at any given "exotic" vacation places, after the 3rd day you either get used to it or get sick of it. I have gotten used to it then I got sick of it. What I could not get sick of is the sight of my cats, though they are strays, I call them "my cats" because they come to me every day for food. I cry every time I think of them. I miss them so much I could not explain the depth of the pain from missing them, nor I expect one to relate to what I just said.

No comments: