Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Chat eats like how rich people eat; salad and soup then her meat of choice then her dessert of choice. And with wine of course. While I on the other hand, is too  lazy to wait or too anxious to get to the meat. Or too poor to afford all that.  I reach for and gobble on the meat and be done with it. I was trained that way; growing up with 5 siblings and the shadow of one barely visible fish on the table, you have to be quick or nothing left for you.

But because I have been living with Chat since I got back a week ago, my daily activity now consists of eating and eating lots of food. Yesterday, she decided she wants to start "juicing" so I did too.  She used her new juicing machine, the latest addition to her hundreds of machines considered to be for "your health." You know, like the exercise machine----you just can't find one you like for more than a week, so you keep buying until your wallet becomes thin.  She concluded that juicing is not for her. I tell her juicing is good (you'd suppose I know better because I'm the oldest, right?) but she doesn't listen to me, so I end up being her student. Juicing for us may have ended before it even started, but just as well until we find something more exciting. Like, maybe getting pregnant? No, not me, I mean her.




No comments: