Wednesday, October 09, 2013

It's a fact that 50% of marriages end in divorce, so why are single men/women rushing to become a casualty? If you're in the holding pattern of singlehood, enjoy that period of freedom and personal empowerment; don't hurry to become bound. Or enslaved. I had a good 10 years of singlehood and I still have fond memories of it, but as I get older, I am beginning to feel the need to have someone to call my own. Someone to be my shock absorber, someone to scream at or cry on, or laugh with. And most of all, someone I can count on to be there 24/7 when I need him and someone I know in my bones not only loves me, but likes me as well.  I am not ready to share the bathroom or the chips and dips 24/7, 365 yet, and I don't use the word "love" loosely on him yet----but I know I like my redneck.

Last night when I was talking to him on the phone I asked him to sing to me so I can sleep. I was joking of course, but he started singing anyway....seriously.  I knew then he was willing to subject himself to be my fool and laugh at himself too.  When I woke up this morning and saw gray hairs on my mustache, it didn't take me long to reconsider---I may just have to be ready pretty quickly to share the chips and dips with him and take a chance on becoming a casualty.



No comments: