Wednesday, October 02, 2013

The other day another girlfriend asks me: How do you get a good man? The answer to that is very simple---don't get a bad one. Seriously, I would not get into a relationship that I could not sustain. What I mean by that is, when I first meet a prospective boyfriend I always look for the basic traits that's vital for me to even go further than the first date. And you will know this right off even without probing too deep into his life. How do you do this? You don't talk----you let him talk and you listen carefully.

But how do you make a man talk, especially after he's been burned so many times? I ask questions. He doesn't like my questions or doesn't like me asking questions at all? Then I can't sustain this relationship----the game is over because I am the type who will ask questions, many questions and very personal questions. What is his relationship with his mother, his ex-wife if he has one, his kids, and most of all, who is God to him? And trust me, his answer to this questions will give you your answer as to how he would treat you and money down the line without directly asking him about money and how he uses it. It is a lie when people say money is not an issue when it comes to meaningful relationships. Sooner or later money will pop it's camouflaged head in your pre-marital or marital jungle and you stagger out of there saying: He's become so selfish. Nobody becomes, he already was, but you missed it. And how did you miss it? By not asking questions. Because you were afraid to lose him, so you lost yourself. And when you lose yourself, you lost everything.

No comments: