Sunday, December 15, 2013

During the last US presidential election, I heard some people and some of my friends saying that they would leave the country if Obama gets reelected. I also started to pack my bags, until I remembered this verse: "Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves."( Romans 13: 1-2. ) Nevertheless, it is requisite that we have to read and understand every verse in the bible contextually. So it follows that when  the governing authority breaks the known law of God, then the "follower" or the believing Christian should choose to follow God.

When God told Noah to build a boat because "the end of all flesh has come before me" and He will destroy the earth and start anew, it was not because God was surprised of the 'sins' the people were doing. God knew the people would sin and that they would enjoy their sin, but what made God took His hands off from the people and leave them to their own depravity was when "although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them." (Romans 1:32) We've heard it said: "love the sinner and hate the sin" this is a good principle to discern; don't throw the baby with the bath water.

I am not worried about who sits in the white house or who will be the next Texas governor, that will not make me pack my bags, but my bags are packed because this country is on a downward spiral; we are now also loving the sin and making it into law to punish those who preach biblical truths because it's a "hate crime". The day Texas loses its grip on the truth and starts forgetting the supreme Lawgiver and Judge, you bet I will be on the first boat out. "For the Lord is our Judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our King; He will save us." (Isa:33:22)

No comments: