Saturday, February 08, 2014

My subjects and I spent 3 days at the farm. Now we're back in the city and the redneck has to be taken to the doctor because he woke up barely able to talk from a swollen uvula.....you know that dangly thing at the back of your throat? Yup. And his foot got infected from a blister from walking  up and down the hill at the farm. Imagine that. The doctor wasn't even worried about the swollen dangly thingy, she got really excited looking at the friggin red toes. Well, the toes were red because I put merthiolet in them because I was told this is a wonder drug. Now, the doctor told me to stop using it because "it's now banned". Banned? So why is still at the stores? Because in the Philippines, everything is for sale.

What always saves the day and brings me back to life are my plants.  The last typhoon knocked down my papayas but they're still hanging on to dear life.

My favorite fruit---chicos or sapote. It is finally bearing fruits and hopefully by the time I get back to tend to them full time, I will have a big harvest. I am slowly populating my farm with fruit trees of my childhood, fruit trees my dad surrounded our house with when I was growing up
and hopefully Kalya will love this place and continue farming even after I am gone on to be with Y'shua, because this will all  be left to her.

No comments: