Monday, April 14, 2014

I have no addiction to sweets or anything of that kind. I can't even say I am addicted to coffee considering that I like coffee every morning or whenever I eat anything sweet. But I have a deep aversion to living with people for more than 2 days. You can call it obsession, call it whatever, it is what it is.

At 21 years old I was already a control freak; I wanted so bad to live on my own so I can control my surrounding. I was then working for an oil and gas company where I was in charge of clearing  drilling supplies that arrives every week. One day I asked my bosses if I can have the wooden packing crates to build a tiny house. "Of course, why not?" They said. One even offered to buy the nails and the tin roof. After 6 months, I had my own tiny house built next to my first ancestral home. Then my job moved me to Manila with them where  I had to share a room with the other staff. There, I knew that I would not survive in that environment, so I moved to another place where I rented a room practically about the size of a 4x4 box---but I was by myself.

So now am here in Canada waiting for my grand to arrive and I live with about the whole barrio; the almost resident in-law, the ex wife who can't just drop off or pick up the kids from outside the door, and of course what else? the step kids! I don't hate kids. As long as I only have to say hi and bye to them....an hour with them would be too much. Did I tell you already why I prefer cats?  Oh, I know.

No comments: