Monday, August 25, 2014

Seven years ago I turned 50, and  I got fascinated with the idea of being a "vagabond" ( one of the perks aboard the menopausal train--quirky thoughts).  I pursued the idea and made it a personal experience. The whole endeavor filled that hole which was created by the "change of season in a woman's life". But I am now seriously tired of the movement, of the phase, and saying hello and goodbye to friends and family from one end of the globe to the next. I want to stop moving. Now.

The last two months I was in Cebu, Malaysia and Thailand, then went back to Dallas for a week and now I'm in Canada spending time with the grands. Another 4 weeks and I will be back in Dallas, but not for long because the Redneck will be working outside of Dallas. I want to stay put and buy groceries for my pantry that's good for more than 2 months, cook and shop and have lunch with friends without  a schedule to leave. I need to stop moving. Now. But more than ever, I want to have a home I can call my own, a place for Kalya to come for a visit or to stay and I miss Dallas more than ever now. Old age, grand kids--- it has a way to warm your heart and settle the voices in your head.



No comments: