Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hormones, Music, Fish, Base,Bass -whatever



I went to the Japanese garden yesterday just to temper down this hormonal ride.
Men,here's some tips: "hormonal" is the female version of a man going "postal". A postal man wants to kill his co-workers, a hormonal woman wants to kill everything that breaths.
Well, my daughter has been out of the country and I have been tasked to feed their stupid fish while they’re gone and I don’t like it. I like fish but only when it’s doing what it’s created to be- feed me, not the other way around. Another thing why I hate it when my daughter is not around (besides missing her) is because I get so much fun annoying her with my writing about Arnel Pineda.

See, I am repaying her now for what she did to me when she was a teen. At ten years old she believed she was Jon Bon Jovi’s girlfriend. Even without Google she knew everything about him and that his wife’s name was Dorothea. Oh, and he has a wife too? I didn’t bother to beat her up. I figured if she could imagine herself being Bon Jovi's girlfriend maybe she could also imagine her getting an “allowance” from him and not from me. She didn’t write about him, but she littered our walls with his pictures not to mention doctor’s bills for our blasted eardrums.

Everything I learned about music I learned from my daughter. She reminds me all the time to remember to pronounce “bass” player correctly. “Stop pronouncing it like it’s a fish, mom.” Lately,she strongly suggested I should divert my attention from Arnel and start falling over crazy with Ross Valory. I said, “I’ll think about it." But only if he lets me hold his base.

No comments: