Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Of Cats and Men

It's so frustrating when your knowledge of computers is very minimal. For a while I could not sign in to my blog, then I realized it's my desktop that was the problem, not blogspot.

John and Chat are vacationing in the Dominican Republic for a week and of course I'm stuck with the grandkat. I can't use a foul adjective before Tigger's name anymore because this cat has not only ruled mine and Chat's life, he has become my life. I now understand why my single friends keeps coaxing me into getting an animal for company. "It will change your life, they are better than men because they won't hurt you and they love you unconditionally." Oh yeah?

Chat's paying me more than what I make a week at my job as long as "you sleep in our house at night because I don't want Tigger sleeping alone." Whoa? that's like asking me -would I go to the Greek isles if she buys me a first class ticket. I don't like sleeping at other peoples home, reason why I always stay at hotels when I'm vacationing because I'm quirky that way, but you bet, I was quick to say yes before she changed her mind.

I have come to love Tigger, I get sad and teary-eyed just thinking about life without Tigger but I didn't know cats are as manipulative as humans. I let Tigger manipulate me because I am paid to be manipulated - his mommy told me "he can do whatever he wants". I should not scream at him or he'll pee on me, Chat said. So when I came in last night and Tigger was dragging and tearing up her Burberry scarf, you think I'd say anything and risk being peed on?

My friends are right, animals will change your life, but I still prefer men. At least if I scream at a man, I only have to worry about him running away -not peeing on me.

No comments: