Friday, April 03, 2009

Let's move on...

Well, there was nothing wrong with my air-conditioner. It's me who's the problem-it's not cold enough for me. So instead of focusing on the negative I am trying to find the positive in all of these- even though my allergies have not abated, at least it only come in spurts. And while I'm constantly sweating all the time, at least sweating is good for my skin. Or is it?

And since I walk around like one of those Caucasian backpackers who look grungy and sweaty all the time, I thought I might as well go on and backpack my way to Penang, Malaysia. I dug up my old Lonely Planet and decided that I better do that instead of going to Fishermans Reach in Australia. My cousin has been inviting me to go there, and I promised to go there this time. But I know I will have another anxiety attack - considering that they would insist that I stay with them. Don have made this a policy in our life when he was alive- if we can't afford to stay in a hotel while on vacation, then we better just park our butts at home. (The practicality of Americans, you know.)

I never liked being a guest at anybody's home because I don't like being entertained and hovered over. I only want to do what I want to do and if that means just sitting and staring into space and not talking to anyone, (which is all the time) then I don't leave people wondering if I have gone insane. I emailed my cousin to ask her if they have airconditioner and she said they live like crocodile dundee. Naah, I do that now already so I'm going to Penang, the hawker's capital of Malaysia and eat laksa until I start looking like a Malay. I forgot I already look like one.

Negative people is so not attractive, and I have become one the last few days...so I'll stop complaining - well at least one more complain and I promise this is the last. You can forget about uploading pictures with Smartbro--reason you don't see one here.

No comments: