Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Whine, whine, whine

I practice refrain, at least I try to - refrain from focusing on the negative. But my goodness, I called the service center to get my airconditioning unit checked and they told me that if it needs freon, it would need to be pulled out and brought to their shop. "So you mean to say I will be without airconditioner for a day?" Haven't they heard of bringing the freon and pump it to my unit? "No, ma'm, we have to do a leak test." I better shut up.

Now I hate to sound like a diva, for crying out loud I've been in worst heat, in fact when Chat was born she was sickly and yellowed because up until the day I delivered her I was peddling snacks to construction workers to earn money to pay for her delivery. But that was then, this is now. I have paid my dues and I earned my pleasures in life. When I chose to backpack it's because I want the experience, not because I can't afford to stay at the Four Seasons or the Ritz.

It's now 2 a.m. and the last 2 hours I have been trying to get connected to the internet using this Smart Bro broadband kit. The kit costs P1995.00 with free 5 hours, then you can reload minutes, 20pesos per hour. Sounds reasonable, right? Well, the free 5 hours and the extra 15 hours that I bought was used up just trying to get connected to any website. I would just be happy if I can get to my emails without having to wait for a week to open.

But here's some positive; my allergies are still bad but I discovered that Vicks vaporub gives me relief for a minute. So I now walk around smelling like I just left the "manghihilot" but then again, hilot is so not for the poor anymore. In fact, look at the menu and the price of a "hilot"on some of the high end spas in Manila and you'd start to miss your toothless-betel chewing-red cud spitting manghihilot neighbor who did it just on donations.

But all is well because tomorrow I am going to the Chi at Shangrila.

No comments: