Saturday, April 18, 2009

Where Am I

The Air Asia inflight magazine carried an article about this restaurant called Kapitan at Georgetown (downtown Penang) famous for this tandoori chicken and naan bread.I had to go there..I tell you...the best. But got to go now, my battery is losing power and my stomach is hollering to be fed now too. Tandoori chicken on top of the naan bread.
I was going to take another bus from Melaka on to Penang, instead I took the bus to Kuala Lumpur and went to the airport and got on the Air Asia flight to Penang- had enough of the bus ride.

This is the view outside my hotel room in Melaka. Sandwiched between the Rennaisance hotel -(the tall building) and my hotel -the Hotel Aldy is this chinese temple. The taxi driver took me here instead of the Hotel Aldy by the river. But it was ok, I was in the middle of China town.






Bus I took from Singapore to Melaka a 4 hour ride and costs 20.80 Singapore dollars.



They have a very efficient bus system here - they leave within 10 minutes after the scheduled departure time. I got stuck at the border immigration going in to Malaysia because I didn't have my immigration card ready. The driver came looking all over for me while the rest of the passengers were waiting at the bus.

No comments: