Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's unfamiliar, but it's safe

For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Tigger hurt his left leg somehow while Chat was out of town, I don't know what he did to hurt himself, but he started dragging his left leg Saturday night. I was hysterical when I noticed it, I called Chat and she was ready to get back on the next plane back to Dallas. She was besides herself when she got home because she was concerned that Tigger would have to be sedated and she was thinking of the worse case scenario. "What if he has a tumor and needs surgery?" I could not concentrate at work and my stomach was in a knot all day - I could not eat or think because Chat was a basket case and Tigger has become a big part of my life too.

From the animal hospital Chat called and told me that Tigger did not need surgery, did not have to be sedated and that the x-ray showed that he might have sprained his leg but that it will heal soon enough. She told me Tigger put on a fight when they were trying to put him in his cage and was shaking and meowing in the car all the way to the emergency hospital. Chat theorized that Tigger was meowing not from the pain but from the fear of not knowing where they were taking him, wondering where he was going, and thinking that he was going to be hurt. And this reminds me of how we react when God tries to get us out of our comfort zone so He can take us to the next level. When things are unfamiliar, when we don't understand what's going on, we think that God is not on our side, that God has abandoned us, when actually, He is taking us to the healer. The trip is frightening, the road is unfamiliar,but His goal, if we trust Him is to heal us and make us better.



No comments: