Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Insomnia. Osteo

I carry a torch for Sleep for several years now. I desire and long and pursue Sleep, like I desire Benicio del Torro or Javier Bardem. But Sleep and I could never get to a workable relationship at night.

Insomnia is his nickname and I hate him. Insomnia has been my trusted and dependable companion after I turned 40, and now, I also find that I am leaning more and more to the left. (And I'm not talking about my ideals or principles.) Osteoporosis. I can't even spell it without checking the dictionary. Insomnia is happier now in the company of Osteo. Freaky names, freaky behavior. Last night I had to sleep on the floor to try and straighten up my hip, or is it my spine or is it just my left leg? I looked like I was in a coffin -stiff and straight, but it helped. So there I was on the floor, straight and stiff and staring into the ceiling all night long. I figured I should stop worrying about sleeping, I'll do that when I die. When I stopped thinking about Sleep, that's when I fell asleep, well, that was at 4 this morning. Now, it's 1:16pm and I'm getting cross-eyed trying to finish this line, so nite, nite.

No comments: