Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just Wishing and Thinking

1. Chat is the how and why of my life. On days when I'm not sure how I could go on and why I should go on living, she's the reason why I could crawl out of my hole. Chat is very witty, very funny and very wise for her age. And very generous with her money. I wish I made a dozen more of her.

2. I wish Filipinos here in the Philippines would learn to queue. But more than this, I wish that the men would stop draining their main vein on anything that resembles a wall. Behind my crib, I have two coconut trees that survived my parents. One of the trees is now in palliative stage, suffering from too much uric acid-rich-pee from this jobless neighbors of mine. (Thank God, they don't use computers or they'll know I talk about them, but if they do use computers they're too lazy to google me anyway)

3. I'm nostalgic of the old days when mangoes had one color when they're ripe---and that's reddish yellow. And you didn't ever wonder if they're sweet----because they were all sweet when ripe. I think Japan ruined it when they started asking us to export our mangoes. Two favorite words of Filipinos: Import/Export. We love anything "imported," like, jeans, bags, perfume and white husbands. And we "export" our best: the best mangoes, the best squids, and the best nurses. The malnourished squids and pale mangoes get to stay for the locals to eat.

4. I wonder if the Korean's exodus here in Cebu is good for Filipinos in the long run. In the short term, I see the benefit; I can now get authentic kimchi here in the island. But in the long term, I'm not sure, because unlike the Japanese, Korean men bring their own bedroom utensils from Korea and they seldom spawn with the locals. Which makes me ask the question: If Japanese men find our women attractive, why don't Koreans feel the same way? Not that we need anymore foreign sperm donor besides the Americans, but, it's never good to put your eggs in one basket. Don't you agree?

No comments: