Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lobotomy for the pope or neuter the parents

Even before I liked kids, I already had the natural feeling of disgust towards these Filipino parents who has no sense to distinguish between a seminal fluid and a phlegm. Again, why the friggin Catholic airheads up there in Italy continues to feed nonsense to the non-thinking poor Filipinos. Birth control is a sin? And putting kids on the street and orphanages is not? And it's virtuous to watch all these phlegm heavy, rugby-sniffing kids on the street begging or stealing, making money for their parents?

I am not reaching out to these kids because I'm nice.....I'm not, I just could not ignore them anymore. And I'm angry. Angry at irresponsible parents. You see, I used to think that these street kids chose to live on the street because they hate discipline at home. God never designed kids as young as 5 years old to not want to be at home and be with a parent. I talked and interviewed all of them and the common denominator between them is lack of attention and food at home so when I told these kids to go home and not worry their parents wondering where they are, they looked at me like I'm an alien descended from crazyland. Their parents know where they are. Their parents doesn't care where they live as long as they come home to bring in the money. At least this is what I've found with the ones I'm working with. Here's Jennifer (in pink) and Asel (in green) they're siblings. I said in my previous blog that Jennifer went home and his father shaved her head and the next day she was back on the street and went into hiding. Hiding from me --not from her father, because she and her sister Asel are tasked to bring home the bacon. Last week they made 200 pesos and they told me they went home only to give the money to "mama to buy Bear Brand". Bear Brand is milk for the baby. Mama just had the 7th baby.
Above picture shows them sorting out the empty plastic water bottles to sell.

No comments: