Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mark Anthony aka Santino

Today is the second day I have Santino. It felt good waking up knowing that he's no longer under the bridge, dirty and hungry. After we had breakfast, I asked him if he liked any sports and he casually said he liked tennis. "Oh yeah?" "Why do you like tennis?" "Because I won the Milo tournament". Unlike Jordan who never shuts up, Santino hardly speaks. And since I don't have any interest in tennis, it was the end of the conversation. I don't want him to go back to his old life of scavenging, begging and sniffing rugby, but I don't want him to forget his friends or where he came from so we went and brought the regular rounds of noodles. Except this time, Santino is no longer one of them, he is serving them.

After we did the rounds I asked him if he missed playing tennis. He said he sure would like to play again. Why couldn't the kid picked golf? Oh well, so I took him to the store to get him a racket and shoes and at the sports store some guy recognized him. He told me that Santino is a good player and won 4 tournaments out of 5. By golly, we're going to play. Or at least he is.


No comments: