Monday, January 09, 2012

Don't worry...be happy?

I am waiting for the welder to come install a steel gate to the outside kitchen-- who was supposed to have been here 2 days ago. No phone calls, no nothing and he has my money already. I am also waiting for the granite lady to call, to come and measure my countertop and it's now almost 5 pm. I'm not going to be bothered, because I have worked hard to learn to accept this laid-back (lazy) attitude of Filipinos because it's a mindset that is deeply rooted in most everyone here. I hate to say this, but my friend is right, the reason most Filipinos are poor is because they choose to be. They chose the lifestyle they want to live in and that is, if they have noodles to eat for today, why work anymore? Let tomorrow worry about tomorrow's noodles.

So I sit here wondering if I'd get lucky and someone would really show up today, or at least call. While waiting, I browse through Facebook and get nosy. I have deactivated my account twice, only to catch myself back at it again. I love Facebook. Why? Because it's free therapy. It's an open arena showcasing peoples state of mind. Like, one posts all the time about how "broke" she is and how she hope she can gather enough change to buy a hot dog. And this post alternates with "I soooo love my man" (who is obviously 1st degree broker than she is or why hasn't he bought her a friggin hotdog so she'll stop craving for a hotfriggindog, week after week.) If I'm that broke, you'd see my post like this: At Four Seasons Spa enjoying a Vichy shower. Then off to a steak and lobster dinner.
In other words, I'd lie through my teeth about the state of my pocket and I definitely won't be caught dead giving you an idea that I'm going with a broke bloke. Because to begin with, I would have to be insane to get involved with a broke bloke. (I can be broke by myself, why add his sorry arse to mine.)
So the next time you see my post saying: @Eiffel tower, happy and not griping, (about anything) having a wonderful dinner with my wonderful man, looking out into the sunset. It would be a safe guess that I have been dumped and am alone, staring into the horizon and about to jump off the bridge. Minus the pictures.

No comments: