Friday, February 24, 2012

Yogurt maker

Well, I don't have to wait til I get back to the US to buy a yogurt maker. I went to shop for a coffee maker at S&R and on their promo aisle, I saw boxes with the word "yogurt maker". I opened the box and it's this simple wireless thermo jug. It's the kind I want because you can take it anywhere. In the US, there's a lot of choices of yogurt with probiotic culture and I can find one that is not sweet, but here in Cebu, I can only find the drink Yakult or Nestle and they're both sweet. I force myself to swallow it because I need the bacteria to clean my gut, but now, I can make my own yogurt unsweetened.

It's very simple. Pour the yogurt starter powder in the small jar with water (in my case, I will be using coconut liquid)then place the jar inside the jug with hot water. Leave it there 8-12 hours or until it's set.



Update:
I was at the farm all day yesterday so I wasn't able to make the yogurt til last night. I just woke up, it's 5 a.m now and here's my fresh yogurt.It's perfect and I can adjust the sweetness by just topping it with mangoes or papayas.

6 comments:

Me Food & Travel said...

Hi. You may want to try our yogurt maker. No need to add water like the one from S & R. We are Cebu-based and ship anywhere in the Philippines.

Yogurt from carabao's milk is perfect.

Check out our page on Facebook - Specialty Food Concepts =)

vagabond said...

Sorry, didn't read your comment til now. This is what I've been looking for...carabao milk like I was used to growing up. Going to your site now. Thanks.
Ritchie

Unknown said...

Where can i buy the starter?I am based in Carcar.

Unknown said...

Were can i buy the starter?I am in Carcar

vagabond said...

I bought the mix at S&R. It's not a starter it's a kit, but it really is very good.

vagabond said...

Or contact the people who posted above. They would be a great source for something natural.