Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Just musing

I am sitting here thinking of doctors and my reproductive organs, because I just realized that it's been over 12 years since I've been to my gynecologist. I have stopped going to my gynecologist not because I hate doctors. Unlike some people, I don't hate doctors---in fact, I want to marry one. But this part of my body that resembles the Texas Longhorn logo has given me several scary moments over the years, that I've decided to give my heart a bit of rest.

But really, the reason I quit going to my gynecologist or to any doctor to have the "annual/routine" check up is because I have already decided that I am not going to seek treatment for whatever diagnosis I get anyway, so what would I do with the information?
When I feel ill or bothered mentally or physically, I just try to manage it to get through the day. But I refuse to subject myself to unnecessary discomfort anymore. Unless he's an ob/gyn doctor, men cannot fully relate when you tell them that the speculum shoved into your cave, feels like a car jack shoved into your throat. That's one issue I have, another thing is that I am not cool with anyone staring and scrutinizing any of my body openings. On my third annual, I had to ask my gynecologist: "Don't you get tired of looking at "that thing" all day long?" His answer was quick: "NO." I had a dilemma on how to take his answer then. But logic tells me that if my dog is sick, I would only want a dog doctor who's truly a dog lover. I guess I should feel blessed to have had a gynecologist with real passion for vagina(s). But what if when I grow up and I decide to remarry, and I find someone with the passion like that of my doctor---would he have time to do yard work?

No comments: