Tuesday, June 05, 2012

The allure of the street

The boys hasn't come by the house this week so I went to find them. I was glad to see them but then I noticed that the one against the wall is a female and she's a new addition. It's bad news because look at this.
They reproduce and they continue to live on the street. This woman's husband works as a barker at the bus stop and she makes a living using the baby as a tool to make people give money. They're adults, not much I can say anymore to them. But with the boys, for some reason the street is very alluring to them so every time we meet I always impart to them the importance of living decently; work and not steal. I don't feed them to encourage them to not work, rather, I asked them to come to my house so I can have face time with them and impart some values to their young minds. I don't know what they do when I'm not around, but I just trust that they'll remember and do what I tell them.
Ok, so that's where my boys sleep. My cat? I know, it's a shame. I can't impart nothing to him. No matter how hard I try.

No comments: