Saturday, January 26, 2013


I was raised to believe that the word "ambition" is synonymous with 'sin' and that dreaming for something bigger or better, equates to being not content with what I was given. When Chat was born I didn't need to dream or wish for anything more. I had more than enough. I didn't even dream of bigger and better things for her, because my mind was not conditioned to think that way; not for myself or for anyone else. I worked hard just so we can survive that day, and that was the extent of my planning.

 But God in His omniscience and His kind heart, knew just what is good and perfect for me. And for Chat. He has granted us favor beyond our wildest dream.  So if I  knew then to live out the proverbial "one day at a time" advice, why am I sitting here entertaining the temptation to worry? And forgetting having experienced Gods' goodness and mercy?  Because worrying keeps the mind energized, it makes me creative and imaginative. While  contentment lacks muscles, it lacks drive and energy. Like him.

No comments: